Junket Casino Guide in Singapore
There are several Singapore junket casino services. They play an important role in bringing in more revenue for the casinos. In Singapore, the first junket licenses were issued in 2012.
What are Junkets and What do They Do?
Casino junkets or junkets is a term invented in Las Vegas in the 1950s. The term is used to describe an organized trip of high rollers. These wealthy players commit to gamble a specific amount of money during their trip. In return, these players may receive:
- All expenses paid international trip
- Top tier gambling experiences
- Stays at 5-star hotels
This all-inclusive service is known as junket travel.
What Do Junket Operators Do?
Junket operators work with casinos to lure VIP players. They offer luxury travel and accommodation for these players. They can also provide special promotions and other personalized services.
Junket operations receive commissions from the casinos. The role of junket operators may include:
- Handling solo or group reservations
- Providing bankroll to players. They can serve as bank-like entities.
- Collection of debts
Over the years, junkets have gotten a bad reputation. This is due to their questionable methods of obtaining clients and collecting debt.
How Does the System Work?
The junket system involves 3 parties:
- Casino Junkets – The casino junkets are responsible to recruit players who are willing to spend a significant amount of money on gambling because they get a commission from the casinos
- Casinos – The casino makes VIP revenue from the players.
- VIP Gamblers – The casino junket entices the players by offering luxury trips and accommodations.
Junkets in Singapore
In Singapore, the Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA) calls junket operators “international market agents” (IMAs). This term is more accurate at describing what junkets do. IMAs in Singapore focus on bringing in foreign wealthy gamblers to increase casino revenue. They are not allowed to target locals.
The CRA granted the first gambling marketer license to Resorts World Sentosa. The CRA is adamant that the junkets will have to follow strict rules:
- Junket licenses are only valid for one year.
- The casino operators have a responsibility to ensure only suitable persons conduct the IMA business.
- Casino operations must discourage the IMAs from targeting locals.
- Casino operators are responsible for the IMAs they use. They have to submit reports on the IMAs they endorse.
- IMAs can extend credit.
- IMAs cannot share their commission with unlicensed IMAs.
Why are Junkets Important?
Junkets can greatly increase VIP gaming revenues for a casino. Junkets have an important role of attracting VIPs throughout Asia. This benefits the casino immensely as casinos cannot reach as many high rollers the way junkets can.
Junket operators can also reduce credit risk and bad debt. This is because junket operators have a better understanding of the player’s financial background.
Junket Companies Available in Singapore
There are very few junket casino services in Singapore. Therefore, we will be looking at VIP junket operators in neighboring countries instead. They offer trips to the best gambling destinations. Here are some examples:
- GH Junket – The company Organizes trips to: Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Cruise
- Genting Junket – Genting Junket claims to be among the world’s top junket service providers. They organize trips to: Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Macau, Vietnam, Cambodia, Australia, USA and Cruise
We are not affiliated with the above junket operators in any way. It is up to you to determine the credibility of the operators mentioned above.
Casinos in Singapore
There are only 3 places to physically gamble in Singapore:
Marina Bay Sands Casino
The Marina Bay Sands (MBS) casino is lavish and luxurious. MBS is owned by the Las Vegas Sands Corporation from the United States. It is massive with 15,000 square meters of gaming space. The gaming arena features:
- 700 Table Games
- More than 2500 Gaming and Jackpot Machines
- 30 Private Gaming Rooms
- Vast Dining Options
Resorts World Sentosa Casino
Genting Group owns Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) casino. They are Asia’s largest and oldest operator in the gaming industry. This particular casino is lush and extravagant. It encompasses 15,000 square meters and features:
- More than 550 table games
- 2,400 casino game machines
RWS casino is also known as Genting Singapore. It has attracted more than 45 million visitors within the first three years of operation.
Aegean Paradise Cruise Casino
Aegean Paradise Cruise casino allows you to sail the seas while gambling. This lavish cruise is a luxurious escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. They provide delicious meals at the Chinese buffet restaurant. It features:
- 40 live tables (including poker, baccarat, or blackjack)
- Hundreds of slot machines
This casino is suitable for all players. The minimum bets are lower compared to the other high-profile casinos in Singapore.
Resort Casinos in Singapore
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
MBS is an integrated resort in downtown Singapore. You can stay, dine, and shop at MBS. The resort offers special promotions such as free resort credits and room upgrades. Perfect for a family vacation, enjoy art, science, and entertainment during your stay at MBS.
Resort World Sentosa Singapore
RWS is an integrated resort. It is on Sentosa island, off the Southern coast of Singapore. The resort is split into 3 zones. It has several hotels offering a total of 1,840 rooms. RWS is a great place for any visit. It is perfect for families, couples, and business conventions.
Hotels and Resorts Near Singapore Casinos
- Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa – Sofitel Singapore is a French luxury resort on Sentosa island. It is located about 1 mile (1.61 km) from RWS casino. It sits on top of a cliff overlooking the South China Sea.
- The Outpost Hotel Sentosa – This is an exclusive hotel about half a mile from RWS casino. It promises stunning views, an infinity pool, and a progressive Asian Restaurant.
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa – This property is the only beachfront resort in Singapore. This family friendly resort is about 1 mile away from RWS casino.
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore – This sleek modern hotel is half a mile from the MBS casino. It was recognized as one of the Top 1% Hotels in Singapore in 2017.
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore – This luxury hotel is the ultimate urban retreat. It is half a mile away from MBS casino.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore – This luxury hotel surrounds guests with their 4,200 piece art collection. It is half a mile away from the MBS casino.